The Movie Review Guy Best Movies for 2013
Dec 31, 2013
The Top 80 movies from the 1980's in 80 days (DAY 1)
Three months ago I came up with the idea of watching my top favorite 80 movies from the 1980 in 80 days. Then I took the three months and figured out what movies would go on and where they were rank. So for next 80 days I will post one movie, what it is rank and says why I put it at that number. I know for few people that actually read this, it might shock you.
80. ‘Summer Rental’ (1985)
Jack Chester, an overworked air traffic controller, takes his family on vacation to the beach. Things immediately start to go wrong for the Chesters, and steadily get worse. Jack ends up in a feud with a local yachtsman, and has to race him to regain his pride and family's respect. Written by Rob Hartill on http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090098/plotsummary
John Candy ---Jack Chester (DAD)
Karen Austin---Sandy Chester (MOM)
Kerri Green---Jennifer Chester (Sister)
Joseph Lawrence---Bobby Chester (Brother)
Rip Torn---Scully (Own a sea food restaurant)
John Larroquette---Don Moore (Bite part) A Random guy the mom meets.
Richard Crenna--Al Pellet (Local Yachtsman)
Facts about the this movie:
*The movie Grossed 24,689,709 in the USA
*This movie was filmed in St. Petersburg, FL
*This One of two movies that Kerri Green stared in the summer of 1985. The other movie was Goonies which also on the list.
* This is first the major studio vehicle for John Candy.
* Joey Lawrence from the show Blossom plays the son in this movie.
Why I Picked this movie # 80:
1. It is a solid movie with a great heart.
2. Kerri Green star in it.
3. It holds up.
4. John Candy steps out a little bite of being ‘fatty make a funny’ and show he can do some drama acting. This helped him do some great movies later in his movie career.
5. John Candy grew as an actor in this movie.
6. Rip Torn is great. He steals a few scenes.
7. It is a solid family movie. There something for everyone.
8. It is a 1980’s (PG), which now a days would be (PG-13). Which also make it is a non-Policy correct movie.