The Movie Review Guy Best Movies for 2013
Dec 31, 2013
The Top 80 movies from the 1980's in 80 Days (DAY 16):
65. “Friday The 13th ” (1980)
Camp counselors are stalked and murdered by an unknown assailant while trying to re-open a summer camp that was the site of a child's drowning.
Ari Lehman—Jason Voorhees
Betsy Palmer—Mrs. Pamela Voorhees
Adrienne King—Alice Hardy
Kevin Bacon—Jack Burrel
Sean S. Cunningham
Facts about the this movie:
*Opening Weekend: $5.816,321 (USA) (1 Screen)
*Gross: $39,754,601 (USA)
*This is one of the most-profitable slasher films in cinema history.
*It was the movie of its kind to secure distribution in the USA by a major studio, Paramount Pictures.
*This started the longest series of sequals.
* Initially the title was going to be ”Long Night at Camp Bloody”.
*It was filmed on a working Boy Scout camp called, Camp No-Be-Bo-Sco. The camp was in Hope, NJ.
* The original script did not have the end seeing in the movie today. The end of the movie was suggested by make-up designer Tom Savini.
Why I Picked this movie # 65:
1.Watch in the dark and tell me it does hold –up. You will jump at lest one time.
2. Top five best horror films made.
3. Good story.
4. Great ending.
5. Good acting.
6. It was not about spraying blood all over the screen, it was about getting the scary.
First time seeing it:
Was it on VHS on Halloween night with my family.