The Movie Review Guy Best Movies for 2013
Dec 31, 2013
The Top 80 movies from the 1980's in 80 Days (DAY 27):
54. “A Fish Called Wanda” (1988)
In London, four very different people team up to commit armed robbery, then try to doublecross each other for the loot.
John Cleese—Archie Leach
Jamie Lee Curtis—Wanda Gershwitz
Michael Palin—Ken Pile
Tom Georgeson—Georges Thomason
Facts about the this movie:
*Opening Weekend: $115,418 (USA) (3 Screens)
*Leach’s daughter (Portia) is played by John Cleese’s real-life daughter.
*In the robbery scene, it really was Kevin Kline who shot the crossbow at the sensor. It only took two takes for Kevin Kline to hit the sensor.
* Jamie Lee Curtis buried her face in pillows during Kevin Kline’s ejaculation scene, to keep her from bursting out laughing at face he was making
*It was Director Charles Crichton’s last film.
*Wanda kisses all of the major male characters at some point.
*Kevin Kline won an Oscar for Best Actor in a Supporting Role.
Why I Picked this movie #54:
1.It is non-stop funny from the beginning to end…..Funny, funny, funny and funny!!!!!!!!!!!
2. Great cast.
3. Good story
4. Kevin Kline is non-stop funny. There is not one line in this film that Kevin Kline is not funny; Just an amazing acting job.
5. Actually the whole cast is pretty funny.
6. Michael Palin whole stuttering is pretty awesome. He should have also got an Oscar nod.
7. Jamie Lee Curtis is pretty smoking hot in this film. This just the set-up to what she like and act like in ‘True Lies’. She has the feel of pure sex.
8. It British comedy with two of the guys from Monty Python.
9. It was written by John John Cleese.
10. It still hold up.
First time seeing it:
I was it on VHS in the early 90’s.