The Movie Review Guy Best Movies for 2013
Dec 31, 2013
The Top 80 movies from the 1980's in 80 Days ( DAY 78) (Top 3):
3. “Goonies” (1985)
A group of kids embark on a wild adventure after finding a pirate treasure map.
Ke Huy Quan—Dats
Anna Ramsey—Mama Fratelli
Lupe Ontiveros –Rosealita
Facts about the this movie:
*Budget: $19,000,000 (estimated)
*Opening Weekend: $9,105,913 (USA) (9 June 1985)
*Gross: $61,389,680 (USA) (2 September 1985)
*When the boys are sitting in the living room watching MTV, they weren't actually watching the Cyndi Lauper "Good Enough" video, which was developed six months after filming wrapped up.
*The cast was not allowed to see the pirate ship before the scene was shot. When they did see it, some of the kids said "Holy shit!" The scene had to be re-shot without them cursing.
*Data's belt has "007" inscribed on it. He also listens to the James Bond theme before sliding on the rope over to Mikey's.
Josh Brolin's big screen debut.
*Robert Davi, who is a trained opera singer, came up with the idea where he sings to Sloth. The line he sings is from Puccini's opera "Madama Butterfly."
*Near the end of the movie, Data says something in Chinese and Chinese subtitles are shown. The subtitles translate to "He is a big strong man".
*When Chunk is hiding from the Fratellis in the refrigerator with the dead body, he sneezes loudly. As Mama Fratelli exits the room she unwittingly says
"Gesundheit!", the German word for "Health" used as a response to a sneeze.
Why I Picked this movie #3:
1.One of best family/kid movies ever made
2. Brilliant chemistry with the whole cast.
3. It is timeless.
4. Brilliant beginning.
5. Brilliant ending.
6. It is one of top 10 funniest movie made in the 1980’s.
7. Brilliant script
8. Non-stop laughing from beginning to conclude.
9. Brilliant villain.
10. Non-stop action from beginning to conclude.
11. Has some of the most memorable quotes / dialog in film history.
12. Has some of the most memorable scenes in film history.
13. Brilliant casting.
14. I can watch this movie over, over and over it never get old
15. Brilliant special effects.
16. Some best young actors of the time that some went on to do great things.
17. You do not get annoyed by the kids.
18. It make you feel like again, when you it as an adult
19. It has one big heart.
20. It has great heart string pulling moments.
21. Kerri Green, that all that need to be said.
First time seeing it: